Best Nail Gun For Exterior Trim
Are you planning to renovate your home? It is a hassle trying to make a list of tools and materials you need to give your home a new feel.
Exterior trims are one of those things that will need a couple of tools to change. You can speed up the process, assure quality, and decrease stress by utilizing a nail gun.
For exterior trim, what’s the greatest nail gun?
The finest nail guns for exterior trim will be examined in this post. There are a few typical inquiries concerning exterior trims that we’ll address as well.
Table of Contents
What Nail Gun Is Best For Trim?
When choosing a nail gun, there are a few things to consider to get the best one for the job. Budget and experience are usually the two biggest factors when choosing a nail gun.
Below I will tackle the five popular nail guns used for trim and how they are used.
1. Best Value: DEWALT DCN660B 20V MAX Finish Nailer, Angled, 16GA
The brushless motor of the cordless nailer that is manufactured by DEWALT and sold under the model number DCN660B 20V MAX professional cordless finish nailer is designed to optimise runtime and durability.
The DEWALT 20V MAX battery that powers this professional cordless finish nailer offers up to 35 per cent greater runtime than its predecessor. Your tasks including trim and siding will benefit enormously from the use of this tool.
It has a tool-free selectable trigger for sequential or contact actuation mode, a tool-free depth adjustment for exact countersinking of nails, and a tool-free jam release for simply and rapidly clearing nail jams. All of these features do not need the use of additional tools.
Multi-functional lighting that can both brighten the working area and render diagnostic notifications about the tool.
In addition, this device comes with an adjustable belt hook, which makes it much simpler to use in a wide variety of different orientations as well as in confined areas.
This tool is compatible with all of the DEWALT 20V MAX batteries, so it may be used with any of them.
- The brushless motor in this nailer makes it more durable and extends its operating duration.
- It works on 20V batteries, so no compressors or gas cartridges are needed.
- This nail gun features a continuous or single firing trigger.
- Its depth adjuster can countersink nails.
- It features a built-in mechanism to remove trapped nails.
- Its multipurpose led lights illuminate your work area and the gun’s health.
- This nailer has an adjustable belt hook for increased comfort.
- Other Dewalt 20v batteries work also.
- It jams easily.
2. Budget-friendly: NEU MASTER 2 in 1 Pneumatic Brad Nailer
NEU MASTER nail gun/staple gun is a pneumatic nail gun that can drive 18-gauge brad nails ranging in length from 5/8″ to 2″ as well as crown staples with a 1/4″ wide width.
Simply said, this nailer offers an infinite number of tool-free settings that range from 5/8″ to 1-5/8″. 360-degree rotatable exhaust keeps pollutants out of the work area.
Nails that have been seized are easily removed thanks to the toolless jam. This quick-release magazine can hold 100 nails and staples. Because of the nail/staple view glass, a dry fire dent cannot be left on the working surface.
With its rubber grip handle and lightweight construction, this nailer can manage pressures of 60 to 120 pounds per square inch. Remodelling and creating pet houses may be accomplished with this material.
- It may be used to drive staples and nails.
- Multiple tool-free options are available with this nailer.
- The trash is directed away from your work area via a rotating exhaust.
- You may use it to remove studs that have become trapped.
- It may carry up to 100 nails and staples.
- It’s compact and long-lasting.
- However, despite its small size, it is capable of producing pressures between 60 and 120 psi.
- The compressor is sold separately
3. The General Best: Metabo HPT NT65MA4 Angled Finish Nailer Kit,15 Ga
This is the finish nailer you want if you want one that works like a pro. Since 2007, the Metabo HPT Professional Straight Finish Nailer has been the best finish nailer on the market. Its 15-gauge nails can be driven up to 2.5 inches, making it strong enough to drive into even hardwoods.
The Metabo HPT Finish Nailer can drive nail flush or finish nails to a particular depth, providing them with a proficient view. This device is built for people who work in the field.
But why is it the pros’ favourite? The Pro Preferred Nailer is made so that it is easy to use. It has a depth of drive dial and an air exhaust dial that can be adjusted without tools. It also has an anti-slip handle that makes it easy to use.
The tool weighs only 4 pounds and has an exhaust port that can be swivelled 360 degrees to steer air away from the user and workspace.
Additionally, this finish nailer is compact, making it ideal for tight spaces. 80 nails may still be driven into the ground with a single charge. It is covered by the 5-year guarantee of the Pro Preferred Nailer provided by Metabo HPT Professional.
- It weighs only 4.2 pounds, making it easy to carry.
- At 2.5 inches, this nailer can drive 15ga nails.
- With its built-in mechanism, the depth of the nails may be adjusted.
- An adjustable exhaust helps to divert waste from the work area.
- In addition, the handle is designed to prevent it from slipping.
- It’s possible to drive up to 80 nails with this nailer in a single charge.
- Based on customer complaints; when you use the gun at 90 psi and above it bends the nail
4. NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic 16-Gauge Finish Nailer
NuMax’s 16-gauge finish nailer is lightweight and comfortable to use, making it ideal for a wide range of home improvement tasks. Because of the aluminium’s low weight and strength, it is comfortable to use for extended periods.
The tool’s rubber grip and ergonomic comfort grip guarantee that you have a firm grasp on it while you’re working. This nail gun has a smooth, non-scratching tip to prevent harming or denting anything.
It’s easier to get out of jams with a quick jam release. As a result of its consecutive firing, it may be used to accomplish tasks quickly and without the need for any equipment.
In addition to its many other applications, this pneumatic nailer is ideal for use on both inside and outside-the-home jobs. A dust-sealing cover is included on the instrument to aid in cleaning. 100 straight finish nails may be loaded into the magazine of this nail gun from NuMax.
- It fits well in your hands because it’s small.
- The ergonomic handle grip of this nailer makes it easier to use.
- This nailer’s tip is designed to minimise the risk of damaging the work surface.
- A feature on this nail gun makes it easier to remove any trapped nails.
- There is also a different mechanism for adjusting the nail depth.
- It can hold up to 100 nails in its canister.
- It jams easily after a while.
5. PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer, 18GA
PORTER-18-gauge CABLE’s brad nailer is easy to use but packs a powerful punch. When you use a cordless nailer, you no longer have to deal with the compressor and hose.
This brad nailer is completely portable as it is battery powered. It does not need expensive (and bulky) gas cartridges as it has a long-lasting battery.
This device is lightweight, compact and easy to use. It can be used for a variety of uses at home or at work.
Due to the continuous power of the battery, the gun can be used to shoot from a variety of different materials and in a variety of climates. Multiple settings on the PORTER-CABLE 18 gauge brad nailer provide ultimate control over both the tool and the project.
By using a battery gauge, you can keep working without having to stop. It’s easy to see where you’re nailing with the included LED light.
Forget about running out of juice as you walk from room to room with this PORTER-CABLE 18 gauge brad nailer.
- There are no compressors or gas cartridges needed since it runs on batteries.
- Use this nailer in extreme and hot conditions.
- It has a built-in battery gauge that tells you how much life is left in the battery.
- The lighting system in the workstation provides illumination.
- A variety of layouts are available for optimum flexibility.
- It has a nail-firing capacity of around 1,200 per charge.
- The manufacturer has poor customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use A Framing Nailer For Trim?
Wood, cement, and softwood boards may be nailed using a framing nailer. The frame is held together by bigger and blunter nails.
On the contrary, trim is made of thin, lightweight wood that is fastened together with sharp nails. The nails used to attach the trim are smaller than the ones used to attach the frame.
Framing nails are more powerful than finishing nails, but they may damage wood or trim if not used properly. For example, a finishing nailer may also be used to drive nails into the back of the trim. As a consequence, the issue will be more difficult to solve, and harm will be caused.
Should I Make Use Of Screws Or Nails For My Exterior Trim?
It all boils down to your choice and what you like. However, you’ll have to choose between time and effort and security when it comes to your cut.
What Kind Of Fasteners To Use On The Exterior Trim?
The fascia, soffits, and grooves are usually made of pressure-treated wood. If you use regular machine nails, they will rust and eventually come out.
Zinc coated galvanized nails are best for pressure-treated wood. Not at all rough or rusty. At least 60% of the nails should be galvanized.
Galvanized roofing nails also work. Stainless steel and zinc plated for corrosion resistance. 2″ board thickness = 1 nail per 2″ Nail guns must have nails long enough to pass through the ship.
Because they go very deep, they are safer and easier to implant with a nailer. However, they are more costly. Determine how many crates you need by multiplying the length of the board by a few nails per foot to get the total.
For example, if you need 12 nails to attach a two-foot-long board, multiply by 12.
What Size Of Nail Do I Use For Exterior Trim?
To secure the board to the siding, a nail about two inches in length should be used. It is generally agreed that the optimal approach involves nailing at an angle of 45 degrees.
Final Note on The Best Nail Gun For Exterior Trim
When you’re building your home, it can be difficult to figure out what the best tools are to get the job done.
Luckily, there are many tools available to make all aspects of building your home easier and, in this post, we’ve focused on the best nail guns for exterior trim.
This is a product review to help you understand the different nail guns available, and why you might want to consider using them when building your home.
There are a lot of options out there and it can be difficult to make a decision, so we hope that this article has been helpful and given you more information so that you can make an informed decision about the best nail guns for exterior trim for you!