Today we are going to be discussing How to Change Blade on Dewalt Miter Screw. In the tool sector, DEWALT is a well-known brand name. Most of their tools have high-end functionality and are of excellent quality. The company makes a variety of woodworking instruments, such as miter saws and circular saws. If you have a new DEWALT chop saw, you will need to replace the blade periodically.
When it comes to changing the blade on the saw, most beginners are perplexed. Changing the blade of a Dewalt miter saw isn’t difficult. To replace the blade on your Dewalt miter saw, follow these instructions. Remove the miter saw plug from the outlet, then remove the bolt by pressing the spindle lock. After that, take out the old miter saw blade and replace it with the new one. Tighten the bolt and press the spindle lock to complete the process.
You will be able to complete this task by attentively following proper directions and having a basic understanding of tools. The section below discusses how to change the blade in detail.
Table of Contents
How to Change the Blade of a Miter Saw (Step By Step Guide)
Simply follow the steps provided below to do this task on your own. It may be challenging at first, but with practice, it will become second nature.
- Step 1:Make sure the chop saw is unplugged. Even if the machine isn’t working, you should still do it to protect yourself from harm. Because the equipment is connected, it could result in a dangerous situation at any time, and you should not take the chance. Simply unplug the socket and go to the next step.
- Step 2: A blade guard will protect the blade from contact with your fingers, regardless of the DEWALT Chop saw model. You must move the blade guard to remove the old blade before replacing or changing it. Find the screws that hold the blade guard in place to accomplish this.
Move the screw and loosen it with a wrench if necessary. You can then raise the blade guard to gain access to the blade once it has loosened up enough.
- Step 3: Locate the chop saw’s spindle lock. It’s usually on the right side of the machine. Find it and gently press it down with your fingers.
- Step 4: If you followed the previous steps correctly, you must now remove the bolt cover from the blade, which is securing the blade. A Phillips-head screw can be found by rotating the blade guard. With a Philips screwdriver, pry it open and remove the bold cover.
The old blade may now be readily removed from the chop saw. Remove the blade from the machine by carefully holding it and pulling it out.
- Step 5: Now that the old blade has been removed, you can replace it. Adjust the blade after it’s been carefully placed. The blade locking pin will come up if you have correctly adjusted the blade. Replace the bolt cover and fasten it with the screwdriver. You can now use the chop saw for your next project after adjusting the blade guard.
Potential Problems Encountered and Probable Solutions
Faulty screws and bolts are the most typical problem that people encounter. If you haven’t used the machine in a while, you may encounter screws that are particularly difficult to operate owing to rust or a lack of oil. As previously said, WD 40 is a rather simple yet effective solution for these problems.
If you don’t have any on hand, you can use tantalizing grease or any other lubricating substance designed for power tool lubrication. Another problem is swaying. Now, there is some tolerance built-in, which means you can leave some space between the blade and the nut, but not enough for it to wobble. Simply put, if you discover the edge isn’t tightly screwed in, take action right away.
Turn off the machine, unhook it from the outlet, and try to close the gap by repeating the process. Remember that it’s always better to do things twice than to jeopardize your safety due to indifference or laziness.
Reasons to Change the Blade on a Chop Saw
You might be wondering why you need to change the blade on a DEWALT chop saw while we’re talking about it. You may have purchased the greatest chop saw, which includes the blade. Nonetheless, there are various probable explanations. The following are the most common reasons:
- The blade is becoming dull – No matter how fantastic the equipment you purchased is, the blade will become less effective with time. Because the majority of your tasks are hefty, the blade loses its sharpness and needs to be replaced.
- Cutting Small Things and Thin Wood- The blade that comes with the new device may be able to cut small objects and thin wood. However, if you need to finish a job with all the thick things, you’ll need to buy a new blade.
- Better Finishing – In woodworking, perfect finishing is essential. To get a higher finish, many professionals change the chop saw’s original blade.
What’s the Difference Between a Miter Saw and a Chop Saw?
People used to be perplexed by the difference between a chop saw and a miter saw. Though a miter saw is a type of chop saw, it offers a few extra features. A miter saw may cut an object from various angles depending on how it is built.
A chop saw, on the other hand, is designed to cut an object in a straight line. That is, it functions similarly to a chopper. Place the thing on the table under the blade, then use the chop saw to cut it straight; this is how to use a chop saw.
Is it Possible to Change the Blade on Your Own?
When it comes to changing the blade, many beginners make frequent errors. They believe it is a challenging task for which they will require professional assistance. No one will stop you if you employ a professional to help you with this. But the truth is that you will have to pay a fair price for a basic and straightforward task that you might have completed yourself.
Is it Possible to use Circular and/or Table Saw Blades on Miter Saws?
No, in a nutshell. Interchanging blades can be risky because they are created with a certain purpose and a specific speed in mind. Blades may appear to be similar on the surface, yet they are not. Before attempting something like this, you’d need a basic understanding of blade composition. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Is it Important How i put Blades on a Miter Saw?
YES! Always position the blade in the indicated direction. The print will normally be facing out. Miter saw teeth must also spin forward to bite into the wood.
Is There Anything I Can Do to Maintain the Condition of My Blades?
Yes. Several items on the market may be used to clean blades. Because pitch can cause the blade to dull, doing this daily will significantly improve your results.
Is it Possible to Cut Laminate Flooring Using a Miter Saw?
Yes. It’s something that people do all the time. When it comes to installing laminate flooring, however, there are other possibilities. Laminate will quickly dull a blade. I wouldn’t suggest using your most expensive blade. Rather, buy one that you think is a good deal for the job. When you’re done, don’t expect to be able to reuse the blade.
How Do You Know When Your Dewalt Miter Saw’s Blade Needs to Be Replaced?
Whether it comes to your Dewalt miter saw, there are a few ways to identify when it’s time to replace the blade. One way to tell if your blade needs to be replaced is to examine it. If it’s dull or damaged, it’s time to get a new one.
You can also listen for changes in the sound of the saw while it’s in use; if it becomes louder or makes a rattling noise, the blade is likely worn and should be replaced. Finally, inspect the cut quality of your projects; if the edges aren’t as smooth as they once were, the blade is probably dull and has to be replaced.
Is There Any Specific Equipment Required to Change the Blade?
To change the blade of a Dewalt miter saw, all you need is a wrench or socket set. However, because sharp blades are involved, extreme caution must be exercised when changing the blade. While changing the blade, it’s also a good idea to use safety glasses and gloves.
What Should You Do If the Old Blade Won’t Come Off?
If you can’t pull the old blade off the Dewalt miter saw, the screws may be stripped. In that situation, you’ll have to get the saw serviced by a professional.
How to Change Blade on Dewalt Miter Screw– Bottom Line
While it may appear to be an easy task, it does need concentration, attention, and some prior expertise. That doesn’t mean you need to be a skilled carpenter to change a single blade, but it’s best if you don’t know how to deal with specific mechanical issues. It doesn’t take long to get the hang of it, with a little reading and preparation, anyone can do it.
Throughout the process, remember to keep your safety in mind. The smallest details are usually the ones that cause the most damage because people either forget about them or are too comfortable to care. The outcome is unfavorable in both circumstances. Always invest in high-quality blades, as they are one of your tool’s most crucial components. If you get a low-cost, low-quality one, the risk factor skyrockets, and it’s simply not worth it.